While Hubby usually only takes off a week or two in the summer for our family trips, the kids & I have done a couple of our beloved road trips, here & there, during Spring Breaks over the years. Some have been further away (& more adventurous) than others (I'm looking at YOU Spring Break 2019!), but they have ALL provided an opportunity to get out of the house & see something interesting!
All that being said, we are DEFINITELY NOT going anywhere this year. As with most of us around the country & the world, we are getting a little antsy as we quickly approach our 5th week of staying home (#goawaycorona), so I came up with a crazy idea for a true road trip - STAYCATION style!
We have intentionally filled our very own home with treasures - whether furniture, wall hangings, knickknacks, etc. - that are important to both Hubby & me + our families, for one reason or another. We also have quite a few stories to tell. The kids are also at the age where they really should know the meanings, the whys & the stories, behind each item in each room or space in our home.
I first told Hubby about my idea, & he was like... "Cool. You definitely need to blog about it." To which I was like, "Huh??? What? WHY?" The more I thought about it, I figured he was right. This is our Spring Break this year, & while there are a lot of scary & sad things going on in the world right now, this is a memory we want to document.
With that perspective, I was looking forward to sharing the idea with the kids... Their initial reactions were hilarious...
B (the 14 year old) - "Ummm, what's the point of that???"
L (the preteen) - "That. Sounds. So. Weird. Mom."
M (still in single digits for a few more weeks) - "Will there be a gift shop?!?!?"
But...as the week moved on, they started getting excited, or at least started coming around to the idea & humoring me by deciding to go with the flow! I mean...what are their other options, right??? Ha!
The girls have even made cardboard cars for our "road trip", license plates & all...
Stay tuned...
Hopefully, it will bring a little bit of JOY to the monotony of our days, so here we go!
It is destined to be a true adventure!





No comments:
Post a Comment