And
so we are OFF on our Crazy Family Road Trip for the summer! When I say
crazy, I mean 9 states in 5 days with 2 parents and 3 kids (6 and
under) in a Suburban stopping at zoos, museums and National Parks and
eating at some neat landmarks, too... So, crazy we may be, but we are
looking forward to a fun time touring the Southwest!
Now,
I am super lucky that my kids (all 3 of them) sleep well in the
car...no problems there... With family as far north as New York City
and as far south as the Mississippi Gulf Coast, we are no strangers to
long car rides, but this will probably be the first multi-state and on
the go non-stop trip that we have taken with them!
In order to prepare, I put together "Busy Bags" for each little one...
filled with books (both new and old), favorite toys, cards, games, etc.
I found this adorable I Spy FREE Printable and made a couple copies for each little one so that they can search for things each day...
B
loves learning about the U.S. Presidents. With stops planned
at President Clinton's Boyhood Home in Arkansas and at one of President
Bush's favorite coffee shops in Texas (as well as one more surprise
stop), I threw in a lot of things that he already had to reference his
favorites...
and of course, his license plate game, from good friend, S, when we met up with her in Philadelphia.
I also made my own "Bite Boxes" for each... What a great idea!
Lastly,
what I think will help the most is that I prepackaged each of the
little ones' outfits for each day of our trip. I labeled them and
packed them in order in their bags so that each night (instead of taking
3 extra suitcases in) we just have to unpack 3 ziploc bags!
I got this idea here, and have high hopes that it will make things a lot easier for us...or for Hubby who has to unpack the car each night!
Looking forward to a FUN trip with our sweet family of FiVe!
More {Road Trip} 2012 Fun
No comments:
Post a Comment