Monday, September 3, 2012

{All In a Day} American Presidential Experience 2012 - Charlotte, NC

Oh, the things that we do for our children...  :)
I'm not one to take sides for the purposes of both this blog and sweet B's love of all things presidential...  If you remember, this past summer on our Road Trip, we made stops at both the Birthplace of President Clinton and a favorite "hangout" of President Bush, The Coffee Shop Cafe, near Crawford, TX...  BUT, no matter who you vote for, heading into any large city (with 3 little children in tow) on the day before a large political convention is set to kick off there, is just nuts...  I admit it!
Again, the things that we do for our children...
Knowing that B would love a chance to pose behind a mock podium, sit in a replica of the Oval Office and tour a model of Air Force One, we headed north up I-85 to check out the traveling exhibit, American Presidential Experience...


I will say that I never felt more safe...  The police presence was cuh-razy...  There were groups of 10 police officers every few feet!

We parked and made our way into the tent...

We delivered some "speeches" from the podium...




checked out some special cars...




and took a seat behind (a replica of) the famous desk...




I enjoyed the exhibit featuring the china used by several Presidents and really loved having James K. Polk, Leapfrog's favorite President #11, represented!




We saw replicas of gowns worn by some of the First Ladies...




and a great interactive exhibit showcasing speeches made by many of the former Presidents.  B loved listening to their voices...




While waiting in (quite a l-o-n-g) line to tour a replica of Reagan's Air Force One...




the little ones enjoyed both the hands-on "Talking Heads" exhibit...




and the "Presidential Chairs" exhibit.  B thought that the replica of George Washington's "fan chair" was pretty neat...




Once we finally arrived at Air Force One...




the little ones tried out the seats...




and checked out the "President's Quarters"...




With that, we politely bid goodbye to the Obamas and went on our way...




Overall, a really fun "experience"...for B, especially!

No comments:

Post a Comment