Thursday, August 9, 2012

{Summer FUN} Out & About in Athens

 Today we decided to take a little day trip to Athens... On the way, we stopped at the Hartwell Dam and walked across part of it...


As we headed in to Athens, I drove the little ones around my old stomping grounds...  We checked in on my old houses...  Yes, I do lay claim to every house that I ever lived in...  AND, yes, there are a lot of them out there...  My mom used to say that as soon as she had the window treatments complete and the yard landscaped, my dad would decide to move...

We bought this one and moved here from sweet little Washington-Wilkes when I was in 5th grade, but only lived here for about a year and a half...


while we were building this one just one street over!!!  Believe it or not, we moved into this house before the front steps were built...  I need to find that photo...  It was a trip now that I think about it!  My mom had to keep the front door bolted so that no one walked out and fell a whole story down.  That would've been bad...bad...bad...  It seems that the brick mason was there a day or two after we moved in...  I remember my mom being really perturbed at the builder about that one...  I mean NO front steps...you walk into this house on the 2nd floor!!!


After my dad moved his office out of our house and no longer needed the extra space at home, we moved again my senior year of high school!  It's hard to believe that we really only lived here for about 2 years before my parents moved up to NC permanently...


Don't get me started on how many houses they have owned up there!

After our mini "Tour of Homes", we headed downtown to grab lunch and split a milkshake at The Grill...


make a stop at the double-barrelled cannon (the only one in the world)...


and swing by both my middle school and my high school...

Before embarking on our stormy drive back home, we had to swing by the Tree That Owns Itself...


I love to reminisce and it was so fun taking my little ones along on my trip down memory lane!

No comments:

Post a Comment